Monday, February 22, 2010

Blogging again only this time with a purpose!

Hello reader!
So I've decided to start blogging again. Only this time, I actually have something in mind to write about. It's a story that I've written and rewritten, never with a happy ending. I'm hoping this time will be different.
It's my weight loss journey. I've been on it many times before. Why will this time be didfferent? Well, I have to say, I'm feeling pretty motivated right now. Of course, It's only day two!
Over the years, I've learned a thing or two about losing weight.
It's interesting that I wasn't heavy as a child or teeneager. As a young adult, I put on a couple of extra pounds but I was still pretty happy with my body. It was only during my 2 pregnancies that I gained weight that I never really completely got rid of. Over the years, I've lost aned gained the same 15-20 pounds over and over again. When I gain it back, it brings friends. Now at almost 45 years old, my body is betraying me. My feet, ankles and especially my knees are constantly in pain when I stand or walk. Which makes exercise not only difficult but very painful. A catch 22, if you will.
Another obstacle is my hypoglycemia. When my blood sugar starts to drop (when I get hungry) I get shaky, confused, dizzy, hot and feel like I'm going to pass out. It's a terrible feeling that i have lived most of my adult life trying to avoid. The only way to stop these syptoms is to eat. I can't let myself get too hungry.
So I have to eat a lot and I have trouble exercising. Naturally, I gain weight.
So why will this weight loss attempt be different? It has to be. If I want to make it to 50, 55, 60 and beyond, I must get this weight off and keep it off.
So I'm putting it all out there...for everyone to see! Feel free to hold me accountable!

1 comment:

Jenster said...

You go girl!!!! Glad you're back to blogging. And with a purpose even! Wish I had one... :)