Monday, April 19, 2010

Meetings

Well, yet another weigh in has come and gone. I actually love going to my Weight Watcher meetings. Some people like to just come and weigh in and do not stay for the meeting. Actually, I do this sometimes if I don't have time to stay. But I get so much out of those meetings if I stay. Whether it's a recipe or two, or just a bit of inspiration, I always come away with something I can use.
The trick with the WW meetings is to make them your own. The meeting I go to is the most convenient time for myself and my two buddies to attend. I have been to other meetings that I might like the leader more but to me, it is more important to have the friends to go to the meeting with. I have done WW many ways and it always works best if I have buddies to be on the program with me.
This week, a couple who have lost a whole bunch of weight shared some products that they have purchased that are really low in points. That is really helpful stuff if you ar looking to try different things. Last week, the leader discussed exercise and how it can really boost your weight loss efforts, even if it is only 20-30 minutes a day. So I walked a lot last week. It did help because I wasn't exctly following the program very well last week. I ate out a lot and didn't keep track of points like I should have. But I walked just about every day and sometimes twice a day. I wasn't sure what to expect when I got on that scale this week. But, alas, I lost another 1.8 pounds. That brings me to a total of 13 pounds lost so far. Not bad.
I know I need to get better about writing things down. That is always the first thing I stop when I'm on WW. I get comfortable and know the points value of the things I eat regularly and so I don't write it down. But I know this is dangerous. So, I will work on that.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Yeah! You're doing great, Tina!