Friday, June 27, 2008

Summertime

So today I'm going to lunch with my "homies." My homies are the ladies from my Home Team which is another term for "small group" or Bible study"

During most of the year, we meet on Friday mornings to study different parts of the bible together. Some in our group are more diligent and committed to this portion and thankfully, they keep the rest of us on track (or atleast they try really hard)

But we take the summer off so we are just getting together today to get together and I can't wait! I really miss my home girls!

Plus, I'm really starting to get bored. I've been doing misc. administrative work for my boss which has been giving me some hours and a little paycheck but there are many hours of quiet this summer.

My daughter, Caity, is away this week at a conference and my son, Alex, is very busy with his job and his life. Dave is at work all day so it's mostly just me and Maggie (my totally awesome but mentally touched dog) and Linus (the crotchety but lovable cat)

Hence the formation of this blog.

So any chance to get out of the house and have some human contact, I'm all over it!

Tomorrow is Saturday and Dave is off for the first time in 2 weeks so we have a big day planned going out to look at fireplace/chimney configurations. Normally, that wouldn't excite me but hey, now it does! (More about why we are looking at fireplace/chimney's in a later post. Try to contain your excitement)

I'm thinking of next week cleaning my carpets. I'll let you know how that turns out :)

1 comment:

Jenster said...

I think we should plan a get together - lunch, breakfast, coffee, whatever - every Friday! You girls were nice to wait for me before you ordered. Blasted Sookie!